Using mobiscroll with Cordova
Installing Mobiscroll in your Cordova app takes a couple of minutes. Mobiscroll only requires a CSS and and a JS include to work. Let's see how you can start with our quickstart apps.
First, start a free trial by entering your email address on the Mobiscroll homepage and create your account.
This is how the free trial works:
- You'll be able to try mobiscroll for 15 days.
- The trial is served through our CDN servers, so you'll need to be connected to the internet when using it. The licensed product will work offline with downloadable resource files.
- The trial comes with a number of limitations versus the fully licensed products. Learn more about the differences.
- You'll be able to upgrade to the licensed product at any time during or after your trial.
Continue by entering your name and project or company and you are ready to go.
Pick the Framework you are working with and hit the big blue install button to get your custom trial includes and to download starter projects.
- Choose Angular for Angular 1.x or Ionic - for IONIC please create an ionic project instead Cordova
- Choose Angular 2 for Angular 2.x or Ionic 2 - for IONIC please create an ionic project instead Cordova
- Choose Angular 4 for Angular 4.x or Ionic 3 - for IONIC please create an ionic project instead Cordova
- Choose React for React apps
- Choose jQuery if you are using jQuery or jQuery Mobile
- Choose Knockout when building with KO
- Choose ASP.NET MVC for using Server Wrappers
Assuming you have cordova already installed, let's create a new project. For instruction on setting up cordova please see the official guide.
$ cordova create MobiscrollQuickstart
Add platforms. We'll add browser and iOS so that we can test our app
$ cd MobiscrollQuickstart $ cordova platform add browser $ cordova platform add ios
Grab the downloaded starter project and copy it into the www folder of the cordova app.
Get ready to run the cordova app in your browser.
$ cordova run browser
Or try it in the iOS emulator, assuming you have the development SDK installed.
$ cordova run ios
When installing mobiscroll into your cordova app, just grab the JS and CSS includes either from the trial or the full, licensed product. You'll have to copy the licensed product into your app. Feel free to modify the code to fit your needs. You can directly grab examples form the demos and browse the developer documentation.